Introduction

My handle for this tour is Toothless Crank. I like to take loooooooong bicycle rides. The last three summers I've cycled across the USA, coast to coast. I had originally planned to pedal the ACA Great Divide route last summer, but COVID prevented it. The Canadian border is still closed which further postpones that tour. This summer I'll be hopping on a plane and beginning pedaling at the eastern base of the Rocky Mountains. I'll start at an elevation of 4,692' and will climb to 11,312' on my third day. The weather has finally turned nice here in Brooklyn, but in the high Rockies it's currently in the 30's. I still haven't finished editing my spring Southern Tier report, and yet here I go again. Blanka the dog is staying behind in Brooklyn, and I'll be traveling solo. Route 50 through these parts is known as the the loneliest road in America. I'm looking forward to breaking new ground.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Western Express Day #25 Sacramento, CA to Fairfield, CA

Western Express Day #6 Telluride, CO to Dolores, CO

Western Express Day #4 Sapinero, CO to Ridgway, CO