Stats

• 1734 total miles were pedaled

• I did 26 days of cycling with 0 off days

• My daily average was 66 miles/day, and I rode 1 century

• My longest day by mileage was 100 miles

• My shortest day by mileage was 40 miles

• My total cycling time was 169 hours 4 minutes

• My average daily cycling time was 6:30 per day

• My longest day by time was 8:38

• My shortest day by time was 4:36

• My earliest start was 5:24AM

• My latest start was 12:26PM

• My earliest finish was 11:10AM

• My latest finish was 9:03PM

• My bike plus gear and water weighed 93 lbs

• I rode through 4 states: Colorado, Utah, Nevada, California

• The highest point of the trip was the summit of Monarch Pass at 11,312 ft 

• I accumulated 82,163 feet of climbing from Pueblo to San Francisco

• The average daily ascent was 3,160 feet

• The largest ascent in one day was 5,124 feet on day #10 in Utah

• The lowest daily ascent was 463 feet on day #24 in California

• I accumulated 86,577 feet of downhill from Pueblo to San Francisco

• The largest descent in one day was 10,692 feet on day #23 in California

• My favorite parts of the trip (east to west) were: snowcapped mountains around Westcliffe CO, The Arkansas River Canyon outside of Cotopaxi CO, Telluride CO,  Anastasi cliff settlements in Utah, Natural Bridge National Monument UT, Hickman Natural Bridge UT, Petroglyphs in Utah, Grand Staircase - Escalante UT, Bryce Canyon UT, Cedar Breaks UT, Ely NV, Middlegate NV, Forty Mile Desert NV, Lake Tahoe NV, Carson Pass, CA, California golden hills and orchards

• My best stories (east to west) were: hike up Flattop Mountain CO (pre-tour), Day #1 weather and elevations, Fellow cyclists - "Can you give me a Western Express?!", The exhibition shooter in Monticello UT, No services for 144 miles between Blanding and Hanksville UT, camping at Milford UT City Park, several days of long stretches with no services in the high 90's in Utah and Nevada, three days of Mormon Crickets in NV, forsaken Austin NV, riding across the Golden Gate Bridge

• I had 1 flat tire

• I had no mechanical issues

• I had two rain days (on days 1 and 5 in Colorado)

• I documented 6 days over 90°F 

• The highest temperature documented was 100°F 

• The lowest temperature documented was 37°F 

• I spent 12 nights in a campground/city park (with 1 campground sneak-in)

• I stealth camped 5 nights

• I spent 5 nights in a hotel

• I spent 4 nights at with a Warm Showers host

• I slept in my tent 17 nights

• I slept in a bed 9 nights

• 21 male self-supported touring cyclists were documented 

• 9 female self-supported touring cyclists were documented 

• Of the touring cyclists, 12 were solo male and 3 were solo female

• I was blessed by 2 Trail Angels with a bottles of cold water and fruit snacks

• I was honked at by 2 aggressive motorists (both in California)

• 1 Confederate flag was documented (painted on the back of a pick-up truck)

• 1 opioid prevention billboard was documented

• 1 group of bible verse billboards was documented

• dozens of road kill animals were seen including deer, snakes, possum, cattle, & skunks

• Wildlife documented: antelope, lizards, jack rabbits, pronghorns, badgers, prairie dogs, crows, hawks

• Greenway Trails: Marmot Run Trail, Telluride greenway, Bryce Canyon Bike Trail, Red Canyon Bike Trail, Meyers Bike Path, American River Bike Trail, Roland Hensley Bicycle Pathway, Davis Bike Path, Carquinez Bridge trail, San Francisco Bay Trail, Richmond San Rafael Bridge Trail

• Beer sampled: Soulcraft Brewery All Mountain Amber, High Alpine Brewery Anthracite Amber Ale, Colorado Boy Brewery Red Irish Ale, Strong House Irish Red Ale, Sam Adams, Dos Equis, Dolores River Brewery Young American Pils, Silver Reef Mexican Style Lager, Wasatch Evolution Amber, Roosters Brewing Honey Wheat Lager, Policy Kings Big Red Ale, Dirty Wookie, Stella, Kilt Lifter, Heineken, 805, Shoe Tree Brewery Ash Canyon Amber, Happy Days IPA, Sierra Nevada, Bike Dog Brewery Misnomer, Alaro Brewery Three Crows Black Lager, True Symmetry Brewery Perfect Tuesday, Asahi
 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Western Express Day #6 Telluride, CO to Dolores, CO

Western Express Day #25 Sacramento, CA to Fairfield, CA

Western Express Day #4 Sapinero, CO to Ridgway, CO